Monday, April 13, 2009

Are You Ready for More Art??

I swear this isn't an ugly one. In fact I quite like it- it makes me smile. There is a lot of symbolism and imagery in it that I won't go into, suffice it to say it is about consumerism in the 1950s. The guy on the billboard outside is Al Jolson, whom I now love simply because Jay does the most hilarious interpretation of him.

The naked guy with the BLOW POP is Charles Atlas, a famous body builder, and I am not sure who the nude with the lamp shade on the couch is. I just love their poses and the detail. I would totally hang this in my bathroom, if only for Charles Atlas.

Just What Is It That Makes Today's Homes So Different, So Appealing?
By Richard Hamilton


2 comments:

Jay said...

No can do, we already done hanged Jesus in the bathroom and I'm sorry to say there's no more room in the inn.

Anonymous said...

Haha, love it! I especially like Jay's comment! :-)