Saturday, July 26, 2008

I just finished reading Solstice Wood, by Patricia McKillip, who btw is undoubtedly one of my favorite authors. I absolutely love how she mixes the everyday with fantasy and enchantment in a very poetic prose. There was a lot of food mentioned in this book, specifically chocolate cherry cookies, sooo after finishing the last few pages, I immediately thought of the wonderful Martha Stewart cookbook I received for my birthday which had a very similar recipe in it. About thirty dollars (haha Jay did you know how much I spent on ingredients???) , two hours, and one big freaking mess later (I am one messy cook) I had the most heavenly batch of double chocolate cherry cookies I had every seen. The tops were perfectly cracked, the inside was completely chocolately and gooey with just the right amount of sour cherry flavor. Wow. James helped of course, he cleaned off the beaters for me, and even squished his very own stick of butter between his hot little fingers for a good minute before I caught him.
I have gotten into the trend of making and freezing cookie dough lately so I can enjoy cookies at a moments notice (or maybe just get a quick dough fix). Since my parents are gracing me with a visit next week, I thought I would thaw out the dough and share. If any other family members would like to come down and visit us, the cookies are on me;)

4 comments:

Inger-Lis said...

This picture really does not do justice to just how much chocolate was on that kid.

Nancy said...

What a precious little boy! I can't wait to see him and hope he will let me hug and kiss him lots.

Cyclingred said...

Count me in for cookie dough. And I wish you had a bikealong so I could take Jame for a ride.

RBK's Realm said...

Nice change in layout! Keep the updates going as you seem to be developing a nice blog theme regarding a young mother's life with a toddler while trying to juggle different roles at home and work...

p.s. Your little boy is beautiful!