Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Alternate State of Mind

I don't have much to say, but I will say something anyway, because somebody around here has to blog, right? Am I right? First off, after my last post, I am pretty sure I will never receive presents from anybody again. Well I love you guys anyway.

I seem to be a work-aholic. I spent the last month being so panicked about losing hours of work that I found an extra Saturday job at the farmer's market. Then my weekday hours suddenly picked up again, and now I am working almost all day six days a week. Yet somehow in all this work, I am finding time to read. A lot. I have read something like three books this week, which when I was a teenager was nothing, but now that I have 'sponsibilities, is quite impressive to me.
This large amount of fiction I am consuming means that I seem to be walking around in a literary daze. Not sure if it is just stress, or the fact that my nose has been in a book almost constantly lately, but I am not mentally all there. I find myself missing turnoffs as I drive, and contemplating the mysteries of the cosmos whilst at work. My cynical side is also taking over. Sometimes reading depressing novels can do that to me.

I don't know how many times Jay has asked me if I am mad at him. No, Jay, I am not mad at you, just spacey and stressed out. I think we both need a vacation.

Five more weeks of school to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! I am totally in the same boat. Only I'm not working two jobs, six days a week. I'm working one job, four days a week, but I'm the first one there and the last one to leave. It's completely draining. Especially when everyone's working less and still manages to get everything completed. Not only that, but my first working semester is ending in three short weeks and I have to close out my grades, files and square away my students for next year...AGH!
I feel your stress! I hope for both our sake's it gets better soon!